Saturday, May 11, 2013

Frantic Mama: What I Want for Mother's Day


I'm following suit of some other bloggers, and dreaming about what I would really like this Mother's Day.  Guess what?  Most of my wishes are free!

1.  I don't want to change any diapers.

2.  I don't want to wake up before 7:30.

3.  I'd like a freshly brewed cup of coffee brought to me in bed, with happy, clean, well-fed children who greet me with a hug and kiss.  And a couple of cute handmade cards.

4.  Next, I'd like to take a nice, long uninterrupted shower.  And maybe even blow-dry my hair.

5.  I would like it to be 70 degrees and sunny all day with a low pollen count.  I would like to take an enjoyable family walk to take advantage of this weather.

6.  I'd like my sister and mom to fly out here (in first class, of course) to visit me for the day.

7.  I would like us to go to the mall (without strollers, diaper bags, or children) and walk around for as long as we want and eat frozen yogurt with all kinds of toppings.

8.  Later, I would like to have a big family dinner where both of my kids are smiling the whole time, eating all their food, saying their prayers, and telling funny jokes.

9.  At the end of the day, I would like my kids to kiss us goodnight, and skip upstairs to bed (which would be truly magical considering my youngest can't even crawl yet) and fall right to sleep, so my husband and I can kick back with a good beer and watch Curb Your Enthusiasm episodes.

That about does it!

What would your dream Mother's Day look like?

~Frantic Mama

Like me on Facebook as Frantic Mama
On Twitter as @MNFranticMama
And if you really, really like me, click the "Top Mommy Blogs" button on my blog page!